Posts Tagged ‘New Years Resolution’
The improvements are minimal and I’m a little bit discouraged but I also missed a couple of workouts during the last 2 weeks. I guess I should be happy that there are improvements at all! Now, I just need to step it up and work harder…
To see my results from Fit Test #1 go here.
Fit Test #2:
- Switch Kicks 69 (must have been doing these wrong week 1)
- Power Jacks 44
- Power Knees 84
- Power Jumps 27
- Globe Jumps 9
- Suicide Jumps 13
- Push-up Jacks 18
- Low plank obliques 50
- Waist 29.5 (lost half an inch!)
- Hips 39 (lost 1/4 inch)
- Thighs 20.75 (lost 1/4 inch)
- Total lost: 1 inch
I have made a New Years Resolution! Yes me, the girl who procrastinates on EVERYTHING and gets easily side tracked…I have made a resolution. I am determined to get my Pre-baby(s) body back. Before I became a mommy I was a half-top and short-skirt wearing, pom-pon shaking cheerleader and not that I ever want to wear that again, I do want to have the confidence to. But most of all, I want to be able to conquer the world, or at least my children. If I can get back into the kind of shape that I was in 5 years ago, I can do that!
So, what’s going to help me on this journey? Well, since there is no way I’d make it to the gym everyday toting the 3 P’s, I have decided to put myself through the horrific Insanity Program. It is a 10 week work-out regime on DVD. The 10 weeks consist of an all out heart pumping, body drenching, wanna puke and pass out work out 6 days a week.
I started last Monday. Every two weeks throughout the program you do a “Fit-Test” and I plan on logging it and sharing with all of you. Along with the Fit-Test I also took measurements to track my progress. Here are the Stats for Week 1 (oh my gosh, I can’t believe I’m about to put evidence in print!):
- Switch Kicks: 83
- Power Jacks: 40
- Power Knees: 80
- Power Jumps: 25
- Globe Jumps: 6
- Suicide Jumps: 12
- Push-up Jacks: 14
- Low plank obliques: 47
- Waist: 30 inches
- Hips: 39 1/4 inches
- Thighs: 21 Inches
* Photo from www.beachbody.com
The New Year is going to bring our family, once again, a few changes. We will be making another move, P-daddy will be getting a promotion, the P’s will celebrate their 2nd and 4th Birthdays, and I will be entering my first full year of Too Tutu Cute production and TooTutuCuteMommy blogging. So I had to think of what I would like to accomplish for 2010.
I have no interest in setting weight loss goals, I am perfectly fine with how I look…eating healthier, I already try and feed my family a wide variety of healthy foods…or choosing new novels to read, quite frankly I don’t enjoy reading novels, I am much more of a ‘do-er’ and I get really antsy if I try and sit down to read. I am much happier reading snip-its of factual or educational material. So what do I want to accomplish? I’ve come up with a ‘To Do’ list, a few things that I think will improve the quality of my family life. I wanted concrete goals that will make life simpler and more enjoyable.
Here’s what I’ve come up with:
1. Organize my house: I can’t stand clutter but always seem to be surrounded by it since I never seem to have enough storage space. So this year I will organize all of our ‘stuff” in correct storage spaces. If that means I need to purchase new storage bins or closet organizers then so be it. Since we are going to be making a move this year, I’m sure most of the organizing will have to wait until we get to our new house.
2. Increase Too Tutu Cute production by at least 50%: this past year I launched Too Tutu Cute and in the few months that we were open for business I did quite well…now lets see how we can grow!
3. Take a family vacation: Even if it’s just for the weekend, and no where fancy. I would love for my family, including my husband, to get away and just spend time together!
4. Attend Mass regularly: I always have good intentions but I do not attend church as regularly as I’d like…I’m sure this has something to do with the fact that P2 tries to run the isles and climb the pew’s when he’s there, so I will make it a point for at least my daughter and I to attend regularly. P-daddy and P2 can stay home for the time being.
5. Create a budget and stick to it: Again, always with good intentions but never implemented. I would really like financial organization in my life, I think that will decrease a lot of daily stress.
6. Blog regularly: I started blogging for Rock on Mommies last summer and although I have been posting quite a bit the past month or so, my posts are often quite sporadic. My blogging goal is to be more consistent with my posts and increase them to 4+ per week.
7. Get rid of stuff: this may be a throwback to #1 and I’ve already started some of this but I really need to go through everyone’s clothes and all of the kids toys and donate them to goodwill. Right now I have random boxes of clothes and bags of toys set aside but I really need to do a complete overhaul!
8. Try a new recipe each week for a Sunday night dinner (or Saturday): We typically do family dinner each night anyway but I feel like I cook the same thing over and over again. Maybe if I give myself this goal, we will find lots of new favorites.
9. Compile a recipe book: I have a few family recipes along with some family favorites that are all on various recipe cards, photocopies, and scraps of paper. My goal is to get hem all into one place so I don’t have to sift through a million pieces of paper when I want to make one of them.
10: Compile a book of craft projects: Peyton loves her projects and I usually blog about them. Just as the recipes, I would like to put them all in a book categorized by season/holiday so that when we want to create something we can just go to the book.
11: Family game night: Peyton is old enough now, and got a bunch of new games for Christmas. Although Preston is still a little young, Peyton really enjoys playing. I would love to try to make this a weekly event.
12. Potty-train Preston: Since my baby is turning 2 this April, it is only appropriate that this be on my list…now considering my almost 4 yr. old still has accidents my hopes aren’t too high, but I’d like to at least start the process.
I’m sure this list will change and take many forms over the next year. I may add a few things or scratch a few things off but I figure this is a good start.
My family is entering a year that is unknown to us; it’s the first year that we have no ‘babies’ and that means that our daily routine is going to change. Peyton is in preschool and becoming increasingly more independent and Preston has grown out of the ‘baby’ stage. He is sleeping in his big boy bed, running/climbing, talking, and eating dinner at the table instead of a high chair.
Yep, this is going to be a good year for us! I am so excited for what 2010 is going to bring our family!
If you haven’t already, make your list too! How will you help to shape the next year of your life?!