Posts Tagged ‘kindergarten crafts’
Today we dyed pasta to string on neclaces…we are making Mardi Gras beads! It is easy to do but you need a full 24 hours for the pasta to be ready for use.
What you need:
- Rubbing Alcohol
- Food Coloring
- Glass Jars
- Pour pasta into the glass jars leaving enough room for the pasta to move around.
- Add in food coloring (I let the kids do this part so they added quite a bit)
- Pour in a tablespoon or two of rubbing alcohol-enough to cover the bottom of the jar
- cover tightly with lids
- shake jars until pasta is completely covered
- Leave the jars closed for several hours (we left ours for about 8 hours) making sure to shake them every so often to keep the pasta evenly coated.
- Pour the pasta out onto paper towels and let dry over night
I am so excited that we tried this and that it was so easy! I see endless crafting possibilities in our future
***WORD OF CAUTION: The smell of the Alcohol when the pasta was spread out onto the towels is VERY strong. I had all of the kitchen windows open and ended up taking them outside for about an hour and then switch the alcohol soaked paper towels for dry ones when I brought them back in.