Posts Tagged ‘Cold Weather’
Thankfully, this winter I’m back in Sunny California. But last year I was caught right in the middle of the biggest snow storm that the Washington DC area had seen in decades! I shoveled, and I shoveled, and I shoveled, and let me tell you…it hurt! I was sore from head to toe!
According to a recent survey, 62% of Americans have aches and pains that are triggered by winter activities such as shoveling snow, being outdoors for long periods of time, and clearing ice off a car. 
To help combat these cold weather aches and pains, ThermaCare HeatWraps offer the following tips to keep you moving during the cold weather months.
· Warm up before any outdoor activity – A quick 10 minute warm up can prevent hours of aches and pains. If you are going to be skiing/ice skating or even playing outside with your family, make sure to stretch and do simple conditioning like squats or lunges to get your body moving before going outside. 2
· Pace yourself while shoveling snow – We all know the aches and pains that come from shoveling snow. However, there are certain things you can do to protect your body from getting hurt. Try choosing a shovel with a plastic blade rather than a metal blade. Plastic blades are lighter and may do less harm on your back. Also try to take breaks and drink plenty of water to stay hydrated in the cold. While this may take a little longer to finish your driveway, your body will thank you for it later!
· Dress warm and in layers –Minor aches and pains often feel worse in cold weather. If you are going to be outside for long periods of time, remember to wear a hat and scarf to ensure you are staying warm in the cold.
· Wear comfortable non-slip shoes – Icy patches on roads are sometimes unnoticeable, so it’s important to do everything you can to avoid slips or falls. When you are walking to and from your car while grocery shopping and doing other chores, make sure you are wearing comfortable shoes with good traction.
· Try using ThermaCare® HeatWraps – Reach for ThermaCare® HeatWraps when you know you have a long day of winter activities ahead of you to help keep you moving and relieve aches and pains. They are available in custom sizes for a variety of aches and pains and are proven to be more effective for back pain than the maximum dose of acetaminophen (4,000 mg). * (* As measured after 8 hours.)
ThermaCare Heatwraps is launching it’s Brand New Facebook page tomorrow 1/11/11 and are giving away 10,000 free Samples! Be sure to visit www.Facebook.com/ThermaCare for more details on how you can get Your FREE Sample.
Additionally, Pfizer Consumer Healthcare, is providing a soothing winter prize pack for one of my readers. Prize pack will contain:
- A Microfleece blanket
- Decorative Mug
- Seasonal Tea
- ThermaCare Heatwraps
Entering is easy.
- Do you have aches and pains from shoveling mounds of snow? Or just playing in it? Leave a comment below telling us.
- ‘Like’ the new ThermaCare Brand Facebook page and leave an additional comment below telling us you did so.
Bonus entry: Follow @TooTutuCute on twitter and tweet about this giveaway. Be sure to leave an extra comment letting us know.
“I’m warming up this winter with a ThermaCare giveaway from @Tootutucute http://goo.gl/fb/C51rv“
Contest will end on January 31st at Midnight EST.
Congratulations to our winner, comment #26-Nicole L said: “I Liked Thermacare on Fb”!
1 Opinion Research Inc. conducted a national telephone survey of 1,000 adults, age 18 or older living in the continental United States. The survey was completed during the period November 4-8, 2010. The survey was funded by Pfizer.
2 Consult your physician before beginning any exercise program
*Therma Care Brand did not pay for this advertisement. All opinions expressed in this article are solely my own.