Posts Tagged ‘cheer crafts’
The Cheer Season is officially under way and this year, to kick it off we went old school with an Ice Cream Social! Before Camp and Practice started I wanted the girls to get to know eachother and build cohesion from the start…and what makes little girls happier than some Ice Cream!
I set out a spread of Vanilla Ice Cream, waffle bowls, mini chocolate chips, rainbow sprinkles, whipping cream and chocolate and caramel toppings. Bottled water and Honest Kids juice pouches to drink. The girls got all sugared up and I took the opportunity to go over the guidelines for the season with the parents.
I also took this time to give them a little gift: A Cheer ‘Survival’ kit. I bought inexpensive water bottles from Michaels and used puff paint to write their names and team on them. Inside was a little bag containing extra hair ties, a small bottle of hair spray, and a few safety pins. And of course, the cheerleader accessory of choice-a giant hair bow!
Looking forward to a great season!
This weekend is the Scrimmage and Carnival for the football team that my daughter cheers for. It is her first Cheering experience ever! I am so excited but beyond that I am the designated snack mom for that day. Being the former cheerleader that I am, I think everything is better with some Cheery decorations added to it! I made these waterbottles for the girls to go with their after-game snack of apples and grapes.
To make your own personalized waterbottles you will need:
- Bottles of Water
- White or Colored paper
- Glue stick
- Curling Ribbon
- Carefully remove one of the labels on the bottles of water so that it keeps the shape. (remove the rest but you do not need to be careful) This will be your template.
- Trace the label onto your paper and cut out new labels.
- Decorate the labels with team name or words of encouragement
- Turn label over and mark a line of glue on one end.
- Wrap new label around the bottle of water and hold in place.
- Add some curling ribbon around the top of the water bottle.
These are great for parties also! Decorate to match the theme.