One of our St. Patrick’s Day Traditons is to make a Leprechaun Trap. We started this a few years ago and the kids LOVE it! We’ve never actually caught one, but every year Those Sneaky Leprechauns dance around our kitchen leaving little green footprints behind and a little bit of ‘gold’ for our troubles.
Last year I was a little behind and not my usual prepared self. I forgot all about the trap until just a few days before. This left little for us to make a trap out of. What we ended up with was just as cute but easy enough for a 2 and 4 year old to make almost all on their own!
What you will need:
- small shoebox
- Green Duct Tape (we found ours at Michaels)
- Rainbow printable
- plain paper
- cotton balls
- cover the box with the green duct tape.
- Cut a star shaped slot in the lid of the box
- color the rainbow printable
- cut our two cloud shapes from the plain paper
- glue cotton balls onto the clouds
- tape finished rainbow to the side of the lid
DONE! To see our more elaborate Leprechaun trap click HERE.