Welcome to the second week of What’s For Dinner, Wednesday where I’m sharing a new recipe each Wednesday. This recipe is from Pillsbury and is a great variation of Lasagna. The best part, you refrigerate it overnight. Make it the day before you know you’ll be busy and at dinner time all you have to do is pop it in the oven.
- 1 tablespoon butter
- lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 1/2 cups coarsely chopped red bell pepper (2 med)
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/2 cup choped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 pint half and half
- 1/2 cup Progresso chicken broth
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 7 oz Gouda cheese shredded (I used a mixture of mozarella and colby-jack because i forgot to get the Gouda)
- 1 container (12 oz) small curd cottage cheese (again, I substituted and used ricotta)
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves cut into thin strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 9 uncooked lasagna noodles
- 1 package (16 oz) sliced mozarella (I just used shredded)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesean cheese
- 1. Spray 13 X 9 inch (3-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. In 4 quart Dutch oven, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add chicken; cook 3 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in bell pepper, celery, onion, and garlic; cook about 2 minutes, stirring occasionally, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Reduce heat to low. Add half and half, broth and cream cheese; cook and stir until cream cheese is melted. Gradually add Couda cheese, stirring until cheese is melted. Remove from heat; set aside. In bowl, mix cottage cheese (or Ricotta like I did) 1/4 cup fresh basil and the egg until blended.
- Spread 1 cup chicken mixture in baking dish. Top with 3 noodles, 1 1/2 cups chicken mixture, 1/2 of the cottage cheese mixture and 1/2 of the mozarella cheese. Repeat layers once, starting with noodles. Top with remaining 3 noodles and remaining chicken mixture. Sprinkle with Parmesean cheese. Cover with foil; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 350. Bake lasagna covered for 45 minutes. Uncover; bake 30-35 minutes longer or until noodles are tender and casserole is bubbly. Cover; let stand 15 minutes before serving.
This recipe is a bit of work to prep so you have to plan ahead. Hope your family enjoys it as much as mine did!
And Please feel free to leave a link to your favorite recipes in the comment section!